Sorry about my slowness. I promise, I am alive. I haven't been blogging at all lately. TOO MUCH to do! Getting back from vacation is always crazy, and I know I'm just full of excuses - but y'know, the desire is just not there. I know, my priorities are all messed up! :) I feel like I'm just now getting back into the swing of things with all the laundry, email, mail/bills, cleaning, yard work stuff, catching up with friends, and HUBBY :) etc., etc. AND, Doug
DID lay the tile while I was gone. -I looks amazing btw; I'll put it in an upcoming post.
BUT, it wasn't completely done when I got back and we've had to spend a few days grouting, and cleaning, and sealing the tile - and we just finished it all yesterday. Still no base boards back on though - oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess. I've also been running around trying to get the house back together, to hardware stores, getting carpet transition repaired, working with insurance guys (also a future post, but I'll just say now: believe it or not, while I was gone, we had another storm that damaged our house! ARRRGH!) .... and y'know, blah blah blah. And on top of it all, I've been fighting a cold, and I'm NOT happy about feeling so crappy. I'm sure you know how it is!
But anyway, the point of the post is this: I just really wanted to share this quote. For some reason, it's just really special to me.
"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."
~Dinah Craik
I think it's probably just because I want to and hope to feel loved, or even liked, in spite of myself! :) Doesn't everyone need a friend like this? Actually, I think it's more like the relationship that you have with your family - right? I feel so blessed to have people in my life who help me feel safe and at peace with my sticking my foot in my mouth all the time! No judging, or holding grudges. I just love how the thought was articulated in this quote. I think about this a lot. Lots of love to all! (In this category though, I might have to give bigger thanks to Doug and Claire, who pretty much just "get" me! :) XO.)
Stay-tuned for more post-vacation pics, and pics of the our house woes and successes, etc...
6 comments:
XO
Its good to see you blogging again! I am glad your are getting settled in nicely from the vacation. And, It was really fun to see you when you came to Utah, a very nice unexpected treat for me.
AWWWWWWWWWWWW, I loved that quote and then when I saw that you think of me when you read it.....tears. You are so sweet. I feel the same way. And our time together was short....but SOOOO valueable. And yes, "infamous" has a neg. conotation. So much drama at those affairs. And we did get to visit with your fam. G-ma made us dinner and your rents stopped by and ate with us too. It was so good to see them. I just adore your dad and your mom is so interesting to listen to. Great pari! And I am sorry I didn't call you back. I think I already put that on here. I look forward to seeing your vaca pics and your tile floor. Go DOUGIE!
Glad to see you're "back" and I hope you're feeling better soon.
Finally!! Sheesh... I thought I was never going to hear from you again on here. Seeing that I check your blog almost every day can you imagine how happy I was when I finally saw a new blog title at the top. I thought Oh good Katie is Back! Im sorry I missed you when you were in St George. I heard about all the fun I missed at the Wilkeys etc.. well if you ever get back in town your welcome to stay with us. Cant wait to see the tile too :)
umm,
i guess i dont know my sister at all!!
where did you go on vacation?
did you go to see claire?
or are you just talking about the trip to St George.
i guess i missed that one, maybe you told me about your trip, maybe you didnt. the last time i talked to you you were fixing your house.
maybe when i come see you in Minnesota, you might have those warm fuzzy feelings about me. :)
Post a Comment