Thursday, July 10, 2008

As Promised.... Tile!

Just as a disclaimer - the color in the pictures isn't very true - it looks a lot more orangey than it is in real life. It doesn't clash with the carpet nearly as much as the pictures would lead you to believe....

I must say that I'm as happy with this as anything in my life right now. I LOVE my new floor. Totally worth the headache, (of course, I can't speak for Doug!) But it did consume my life for at least a good week after I got home from my trip - so I feel I have some claim on the work. But anyway, isn't growing up sad? It just takes so little to please you - usually convenience or beauty of sorts... However pathetic that thing actually is. Oh well, I've accepted the difficult fact that home improvement is a joy my life - and it's strangely gratifying.

14 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks great, I love how you did it on an angle, lots of work but sure looks good.

Shellie said...

WOW Katie it looks great! Can't wait to see it in person. Your house is SO cute!

Unknown said...

That looks fantastic, great job DIY-ers! I too love the angle.

Rebecca said...

wow, katie, looks GREAT! I'm sooo impressed. And, your kitchen is decorated so beautifully! fancy, fancy!

Rachel said...

The tile looks amazing- not orange at all. Isn't it great to have tile floors? Your kitchen looks so nice. Hooray for a husband who is such a handyman!

[BrookeO] said...

Ok. I have been waiting to see. I LOVE IT. But then again I knew I would. Your house is adorable.
Alright. I still want to see it in person...

Samantha said...

Yea! I'm happy to see your kitchen the way you've been dreaming of. I love the tile, countertops, cute decorating, and everything. Good Job, Doug! And good job, Katie, too for picking everything out, it's all beautiful. I'm sure it's very gratifying.

The Allred Family said...

YEAH!!! It looks sooo good. Dougie...you little multi-talented stud you!

The Fox Family said...

oh wow..i love it!!! I love your table too!

JoAnna said...

GORGEOUS!!! Miss you!

Jen Trost said...

Wow!Great looking floor!

Amanda said...

I think your tile looks great! I love that look, so clean and classy. I am impressed with Doug's talents...good job:)

Team Hillman said...

Hi Katie, this is your long lost cousin. I found your blog through Jill's. I am glad to see that you and your family are doing so well. Cute kids! Cute house! You guys did a great job with the tile. We are going to attempt to tile a bathroom pretty soon, any tips?

Jill Bagley said...

YOur husband did it himself? im definately going to call him for tips.
im thinking about doing my craft room again and laundry room. i hate the linoleum. and i dont want to pay to have it done.
its fairly easy isnt it? oh well.
it looks great. im glad your happy with it. i love it when people post pics of their home improvement stuff. its so fun to see stuff like that. you should post a before pic with this.