Friday, April 3, 2009

Annie is 3 weeks old today!

Finally, some more pics of Annie! These are courtesy of my friend Brooke who did this little newborn shoot at 4 days old. Thanks B!
These are way outdated though - Sorry. Obviously, she's changed a TON in the last couple weeks. I have more recent pics, and will post them soon, but it's such a chore for me to sift through them to find the best ones. Blogging would be a lot easier if I were the kind of person that only took 1 shot of everything. It's all my fault. Ugh.

Anyway, without further ado, here's our beautiful girl! They were all so good, it was hard to choose a few - so I didn't.

Annie is such a sweet child. We adore her! She has such a chill personality. She only cries when she's starving - or really uncomfortable. She eats like a champ, and is growing quickly in spite of her tiny birth weight. Her nighttime sleeping could be better, but that would be asking a lot, I think. Except, she doesn't like the swing like her brothers, so she likes to be held, or to just hang out on the floor. I like to call her mini-Doug. Not because she likes the floor or anything, (it's a weird joke, I know,) but I think she looks exactly like him, and she's super good. Just like D.

On a side note: her hair is uber unmanageable though! It's not like I'm complaining, I love her old man hair- it's adorable, but it looks like she has constant bedhead! Even the bath hardly helps! There's no way to control it I tell ya.

And for the record, I'm also doing really well - I've had a great recovery. I have lots of energy, other than the fact that I don't get much sleep some nights, and it's not always due to my newborn. Spencer is waking a lot these days, (in fact, I have a headache right now because of it). I remember that Ben did that when Spence was born for a while. It was maddening then too - but I guess that's the way our kids have dealt with it. Not to mention they are pretty much always trying to kill each other lately. Boys... Sheesh. I swear I'm trying to give them individual attention, but it's only the best I can do - probably not enough. That must be why it's taken me so long to blog this! Oh well.

20 comments:

Ashley said...

Katie, You are so cute!

I love the name Annie, and she is SOOOO CUTE! I love the pics!

I am glad to hear you are doing well. You are a great mom. Its funny to see how kids adjust to things. Hopefully you can get some sleep soon!

I am glad to hear she is an angel. She definitely looks like one!

cam said...

Hang in there Katie! You are doing such a great job. What lucky kids you have. It was fun to hear an update. I have been wondering about you. She is adorable.
C

JoAnna said...

She really is sooo adorably yummy. Those pictures are positively GORGEOUS!!

Shellie said...

I can't believe the amazingness of those pictures and your little girl. Seriously she is pure heaven, and you are amazing!

Rachel said...

Katie- she's PRECIOUS! Love all the hair! And I'm feeling you on the no-time-to-blog-now thing. 3 kids is CRAZY!! I'm glad you're recovering well. She really is adorable- congrats.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh Kates.
When we getting together again? I'd love it!
Seriously you have got me fooled. You look like a million bucks - I would never be the wiser on the no sleep etc.

Let's make a plan. Maybe we can even break out our Rock Band date from when oh last year!!!!!
B
PS she really is the cutest!!!

Unknown said...

She is soooo cute. I can't wait to have a baby with unmanageable hair. That's the cutest thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Esp. with a girl. SO cute. Are you having fun dressing her and stuff?? I love the black and white in that blanket. I am sooo happy that you are feeling good and the boys are taking baby annie in stride! Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

that was claire

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

she is really, really cute and i love that blue blanket. she definitely looks like your kids. you have a mold!!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

She is so cute and I love her hair! Those pictures are AMAZING!! I'm glad that you are doing well too!

busymomof5 said...

She is darling!!!! Can't wait to see her!

Tami

Amanda said...

She is so tiny and really cute! Glad that you have recovered well! Hope you get a full night of sleep soon :)

Elise said...

Beautiful! Hey, don't sweat about not commenting...You know I am also in the 'I never comment on blogs' camp, so no worries!

The Allred Family said...

we need to talk....i feel like you have left me for danae. sad. :(

The Poulson's said...

Congrats, she is beautiful!

Team Hillman said...

Oh Katie, she is beautiful. I am so excited for you and your little family.

Dinah said...

Gorgeous!

Carrie said...

Hey slacker - why don't you blog more often? So you're in trouble because Annie is so dang cute and I want to have a little baby like her.

Jill Bagley said...

its funny what you said about the hair.
just get used to it. your going to have to acquire a whole slew of new talents in raising a girl----and one of them is doing hair. ( ITS A TOTAL PAIN IN THE BUTT)
and its ok, BUT ----just be prepared, if she has hair like you did when you were little( and ruby does) , it will always look messy and ratty no matter what you do :) ha ha

BTW----have you slowed down yet? or are you determined never to? hee hee

also---i want to see more pictures !!! keep posting, even if its only pictures.

Annica said...

She's beautiful! Congrats!