The point is: tonight, Doug was reading Ben a bedtime story (well, one of many of the dinosaur books we've borrowed from the library), and I happened to catch a few facts being read. It got me wondering about some things related to dinosaurs and the current extinction theory and stuff - so I started googling. About a half hour into it, I started thinking, "What am I doing? My Friday nights have amounted to this? Man, I really know a heck of a lot more about dinosaurs than I EVER imagined I would know." Is this completely insane that I am so INto this? I have memorized like, 50 species of dinos, and all their family lines and stuff. It's totally crazy. Perhaps even crazier though, is that Ben knows most this stuff too. He can tell you some of the most complicated dinosaur names - and it's so cute. But am I the only one that this happens to? Do you ever just get TMI about the stuff your kids are into? Holy cow.
That's Christmas morning and the Spinosaurus and Pterodactyl that Ben got from Santa. He wants to tote them around where ever we go. It's pretty cute, but also kinda annoying. Lots of love to the B man. He's one bright little stud.
5 comments:
Michael would be so jealous of the dinorsaurs Ben got!!! He is totally into the imaginex dinosaurs! It is amazing what you learn because of your kids. I know way more about Thomas the tank engine than I need to!
hey katie, hahaha on the december fall comment, thats so funny cuz it never occured to us that it really was winter not fall. how are you? good to hear from you, your boys are so cute, and oh my gosh, i think jack and ben must both be geniuses. another parallel to our lives. that dino stuff totally reminds me of jack and his ability to learn like 8th grade info in a 3 yr old brain. its nuts. kids are so smart!
Yeah for dinos. I think that is so cute that he knows all of their names. He is a smarty pants. Dax tells us everyday how he "loves Ben" it is funny.
I thought you started out saying that Ben was into Dinosaurs, but as I read on, it became aware that it is his MOM. Wow, now that you have all those facts about the Dinos, what are you going to do? We do not want to take you on in trivial pursuit about Dinosaurs. Looking forward to seeing you.
ok---
maybe im a bad mom or just dumb or something.
i dont read into the stuff that my kids are into----like hannah montana, or thomas the train. i just get the kids the toys that other kids and i think they would like, and i then if they want to know more, i will find out---but i just let them do their thing. i havent done any research on thomas to tell my 2 year old all about the adventures of thomas and his friends and how they all got faces from the magic train fairies.
i guess my kids wont be going to hardvard.
Post a Comment