Monday, September 22, 2008

Do I smell Hymn 342 in the near future?

I'm sorry that Katie has temporarily given up blogging, keep trying to persuade her. However, I have come across another gem. This appears to be some sort of twisted Canadian Christian Lawerence Welk-like show. If that isn't enough to tempt you to watch, perhaps listening to the genius lyrics at about the 1:50 mark comparing Jesus to a Canadian Mounty will. No wonder my sister married a Canuck.

There is plenty of eye candy throughout for both men and women. I just hope the guitar player's subtle gyrating is not too provocative.

11 comments:

Jen Trost said...

How do you find these funny clips? I was just rewatching the 'Mini Mall' video a couple days a go... 'oh oh - at the mini mall'

Rebecca said...

Wow- how do you find these clips? This one even had Oliver singing along by the end. Hilarious. I like how "Jesus touched me down inside..." What??? And He "zaps" you anytime...??? What??? There were so many good lines and I also loved the band's diverse look. Keep 'em coming Doug!

Unknown said...

"Zap" What a fantastic rock 'n' roll song! I loved it, thanks for the laugh Doug!

Julie Wiley said...

Very funny! Just don't ever let Mom find this show. She might tape it along with Lawrence Welk.

morty said...

I can't help but think of that episode of King of the Hill where Bobby's in to Christian rock and Hank tells the lead singer of the band "You think you're making Christianity better, but you're just making rock 'n' roll worse."

Unknown said...

That song is going on my ipod IMMEDIATELY!

Melissa said...

Wow, I think I may just have a new favorite song.
I can't believe I watched the whole thing!

Doug W. said...

Well said Morty, Hank Hill is a wise man. Did anyone else get "zapped" at church this week?

The Allred Family said...

i love your clips....however it does not make-up for Katie's inability to blog. COME ONE!!!

Freddie said...

Katie, If you start blogging again then Doug wont have to keep finding these bizzare videos for our entertainment. As I was watching it I kept feeling like I was dreaming and couldnt wake up. I was so happy when i finally woke up and it was over. Geee thanks Doug !

Jessica O said...

seriouly, that is hilarious! You wonder what people are thinking when they create something like that.

SO...You are back! I missed you and Isaac missed Ben.

See you soon,
jess