9 years ago
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Not a Good Sign...
So, I can't believe that it's not even December yet, and I feel like I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off - hence the non-posting as of late. They always say that the holidays are such a busy time, but I've just never really found that to be true for me thus far. Until now. It's weird though, because I honestly don't know what I've been doing that's been so time-consuming. I just know that I've hardly been able to sit at the computer, watch tv, movies or the like over the past week and a half or so. I've been getting all crafty lately, (some voluntarily and some not so self-inflicted projects,) and have been running around buying stuff, making stuff, decorating, shopping for Christmas, not to mention other various errands associated with regular life. With that said, it's not even crunch time yet, but I feel like I must be in for it. The impending snow storm this weekend (we're supposed to get 6-8 inches with sleet and ice) will likely keep me inside more than I'd like due to my completely unreasonable driving-in-bad-weather-psychosis. But, seeing as we really do need front tires on the good ole' Civic, I feel that it is somewhat justified. Rationalization you say? Totally legit excuse for someone who's messed in the head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Katie, I know totally how you feel, only I am running around doing kid school stuff or church things. I had somewhere to be Mon-Thurs day for the kids. I am so glad I only have to go shopping to prepare for the storm. We are only suppose to get rain and freezing rain (I hate freezing rain!). I too don't drive in snowy/freezing rain weather, I am too much of a chicken!
I'm feeling the crunch also. It doesn't really make for such happy holidays. Get yourself some hot chocolate and Christmas music and sit down and relax for five minutes. That's what I'm going to do...and then I'm going to go ahead and get busy again!
I know how you feel. I've been trying to get my Christmas shopping done early so I could actually enjoy the holidays. I've been doing a lot online, which helps. Are you guys going to be in SLC this Christmas?
Oh by the way, this is totally random but I thought you should know. Tina is the Young Women's President in her ward! Kind of ironic, huh!
You crack me up!
Totally there with you. I think that Thanksgiving being early and being so busy early is going to make December seem long. Hopefully, that will be good and we will be able to slow down and enjoy!
Post a Comment