Monday, December 31, 2007

Golden Oldies???! J/K - Golden Birthday - Doug is 30... Holy Cow!


My SWEET husband turned 30 yesterday... Can you believe it? 30? I don't think he can. So, Happy Birthday babe. I hope you had a good one. We didn't do much, but the night before we went out to dinner - and I surprised Doug with having a few friends at the restaurant when we got there. It was fun. And on his birthday, I just made him one of his favorite meals, and I tried very hard to make him not have to lift a finger. (It didn't totally happen, but I refrained from calling for help with dinner or the boys several times.) It was all pretty low-key.


There are so many reasons that I love Doug. I'm so thankful for him.
Here are just a few:
-He's so helpful. He does so much around the house and helps with many, many things - I'm spoiled.
-He is very righteous. He keeps me on the right track. I know the woman is supposed to be the virtuous one is the relationship - but he's definitely better than me.
-He is such a great father - he loves his boys, and loves to spend QUALITY time with them.
-He's so smart. He knows so many little facts, and is ALWAYS right about details. I'm usually wrong, and that's okay - that's why we're a good team.
-He's so talented. He's really good at everything he does.
-He still thinks I'm cute and sexy - 2 kids later.
-He loves me and takes very good care of me.
-He keeps our life light-hearted. It's easy to be in a good mood around him.
-He's really very clean; he cleans up after himself really well.

Like I said, these are just a few... I could go on and on - but it's late, and I'm so tired. So... I love you Doug!!!! You're so loveable and awesome! Here's to feeling 23 forever...

8 comments:

JoAnna said...

Seriously LOVE you guys!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to Doug!!

Don and Mary Lou Worthington said...

We are so glad that you like Doug. We have always thought he was very special, I guess that is why his brother's and sister's always referred to him as the GOLDEN CHILD. It is hard for us to believe that he is 30, married to a very special woman and has two kids, but we love them all.

busymomof5 said...

Happy Birthday to Doug!!!! I am lucky to have such a wonderful Brother in law!!!

Doug W. said...

Believe me, I feel like I got the better end of the deal in this relationship. We do make a great team though. Katie, you really need to check with me before you put all this mushy stuff on-line. Love you babe!

Hillarys little Paynes said...

Wow, happy birthday doug, you are old! hehe just kidding im getting there fast too. hope you have a great year. Hillary

Alicia said...

How are the 30s? They're sneaking right up on me, and I'm getting sad to leave my 20s.

Jill Bagley said...

happy late birthday doug!!!
katie, dont you feel old when your husband is 30?
i remember feeling incredibly old.
but i was pretty young even though jason was 30---i was only 23---but it made me feel 30 because he was.
now he is 36 and he seems so old to me.
i know , its dumb!!