So, Doug was trying to keep Ben awake in the car last night while I ran into the gas station. He decided to tell him some jokes. Doug told him some random version of "what's black, white and red all over?'' And Ben had some interesting thoughts on it.
"I didn't like that one dad, it made me feel GARBAGE-Y. Try another one."
He's such a little weirdo. I have no idea where he got that word and why he got the idea to use it as descriptive word - especially for a feeling. I'm also pretty sure it makes no sense at all, but I know how it is - I feel all trash-bag-y too sometimes...
ALSO -
One joke Ben told me the other day, (undoubtedly gleaned from PBS or something similar) was a pretty good one:
"Which side of a cat has the most hair?
- the OUT-side!!!"
And a joke we like, and have tried to teach Ben is:
"Why did the elephant wear a diaper to the party?
-Because he's a party pooper!"
The problem is that he can't quite remember it very well. Only the important part: POOP. And since he's obsessed with worms right now, (thank you rainy spring weather,) he made it a little more personal. Behold the following:
"Why did the worm go to the party?
-because he pooped on the floor and he's a party pooper."
What goes through that kid's head all day? Who knew I was raising a regular Will Farrell?
9 years ago
7 comments:
I miss Benny - he is just so cute. I love hearing all the crazy stuff the comes out of his mouth - he truly is hilarious!
Ben is sooo cute!!!!! Colin likes to tell knock knock jokes and most of the time they make no sense at all!! Though he does get the banana/orange one right.
That is so funny! I laughed so hard Heber wanted to know what I was laughing at, so i read it to him, and we both were laughing so hard! haha. Ben is a character!
what a funny kid. I like that...Garbage-y. I think that is a great way to describe a feeling of yuckiness.
LOL! Your posts crack me up! What cute, funny kids you have! I miss seeing that cute little Ben. And wish I could meet Spencer.
Trina
That little Ben is so darn cute. i am totally going to hit him up on some jokes next time I see him.
I love hearing these ben-isms. Ben- you are cute and don't change. And please, please, to keep us all laughing, please con't to make-up words!!!!
Post a Comment