To all my blogging friends: I really appreciate that I can count on you all to make me feel better about myself in a time of need. I know my last post sounded awfully dramatic without really giving any justification for my thoughts that people think my blog is lame. I've just heard or read of people saying stuff like, "I absolutely hate when people only take pictures of their kids looking at the camera smiling." Or "Ugh, when pictures have that ' flash-y' look, it is so ugly." or "If people have tons of text and no pictures, I don't even want to read the post." or "It's lame when people only put pictures of their kids on their blog." etc., etc., etc... I guess I just read too much! It just bugs me that people are judging me from the way I take pictures or whatever. It's kind of dorky I know. But hey, I'm getting over the self-consciousness I feel - thanks to my nice family and friends.
Just so you know, I PROMISE I don't think any of that stuff about any of you - I don't notice that stuff. I think everyone's blogs are awesome; I swear.
But really, my sister Jill and I were talking about this little funk I am in lately. And it hit me that I either have some sort of SAD (seasonal affective disorder,) or I'm just really homesick and missing my family right now. I think the whole SAD thing is because this has been such a hard and crappy winter, and it's finally April and you'd think it would start to be sunny and warm or something - so my expectations for Spring have been high. Yet, in April, we've had like, 3 warm, sun-shiny days thus far. I think that's been making me slightly depressed. And then the whole, missing-family-thing is kind of self-explanatory. I just miss 'em - what can I say?
But anyway, thanks again for the words of encouragement, kindness and commiseration. You guys are the best! And for those of you who refrained from commenting so you could avoid saying something like, "Yeah, you ARE retarded." I appreciate that too! :)
And PS - If my Freshman Year roommate Heather could hear you say that you think I have some writing talent, I'm sure she would laugh. I used to let her read some of my English papers for proofreading purposes, and she always made fun of me and laughed at the way I write. (Consequently, I think my instructor agreed with her because I only made a B+ in that class, no matter how hard I tried.) I think it's because I write the way I talk?... At least that's what I tell myself! :) ha ha.
9 years ago
7 comments:
I love you so much. I am assuming when you mean family, you mean you miss me too!!! I have the perfect remedy....a visit to sunny sunny GA!!!! Seriously, I will help pay for your ticket. COME see me!!! I will laugh with you not at you!!! :)
Go tanning! When I am in a winter funk and I hate everything, I go tanning for about 5 minutes (because I am pasty white, and get totally fried if I go any longer) and it makes a world of different. Fake sunshine is just as good feeling, and it makes ya all warm.
Oh Katie, don't worry about what other people say about blogs. Who cares! I am the queen of the blog "faux-pas"! I LOVE your post and your comments so don't be sad. I also agree with your friend Stephanie about the tanning thing. I'm not big on going tanning, but when I lived in Logan and I would get sad I would go tanning and it really helped change the way I felt. I totally am a light therapy believer.
I know I just talked to your for about three hours on the phone, but I just wanted to post a comment to let you know that I do look at your blog all the time. I love it, and I look forward to looking at new posts all the time. I love how you post the way you think, that's what makes your blog fun to read. I'm glad you're coming to sunny St. George in a few weeks. Love you!!
So I just got caught up on all of this which doesn't mean that I don't read and love your blog. If you feel as if you've already had enough advice on the blog bog front, sorry, here is some more. It doesn't matter what stupid comments people make about what they think a blog should be. A lot of the time, blogging is just for you! It is called web LOG isn't it? Last time I checked that means a journal or record. It is, of course, a great way to share and keep in touch with others, but I know that it helps me just to keep track of what's going on in our lives too. Anyway, keep up the good work and how could anyone ever get sick of pictures of your kids?
I think everybody gets in a funk every once in a while - I know that I do. Come to FL...I was just thinking today I wish it was cool outside so I could wear a sweater or pants.
It's your blog post whatever you want (that's what I think). BTW I think you are funny and your kids are super cute and hilarious!
Post a Comment