Friday, May 23, 2008

SPICKLE Sandwich?

I just wanted to share that my kid is a total weirdo. Tonight for dinner, he wanted just a "crunchy sandwich." I asked for him to elaborate - then he said, he only wanted pickles and carrots on it. I said, "Oh, you mean you want a tuna fish sandwich with pickles and carrots in it?" He said, "No, ONLY pickles and carrots on the sandwich." Shaking my head, I set out to make his odd request. I tried to put mayo on it, and he freaked. How dare I put something normal like mayo on your precious sandwich?

Then, I realized we didn't have carrots. So, I suggested I put Ham on it. He said he would like that. I looked, and we didn't have ham - only SPAM, (I know, I desperately need to go to the grocery store!) Spam is not something we use frequently, we've only bought it once in fact - just to try it. We could only stomach a little bit and had the rest in the fridge. Anyway, he said he'd have that. Thus was born the Pickle and Spam sandwich - the SPICKLE, if you will. He loved it and gobbled it down with enthusiasm. Disgusting as it may be, maybe I should market it to other 3-yr-olds? Keep an eye out for it on a menu near you!

Another Ben-ism:

I got a CHI hair-straightener for my birthday. An item I've been talking about and wanting forever. As I was doing my hair today, I said something about my Chi straightener. Then Ben asked, "That's your Chi straightener mom?" I said it was, then proceeded to put it on my hair. Ben quickly said, "How come you're using that on your hair? Isn't it for cheese?"


10 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

He kills me.

Oh and NO thanks to the Spickle, if you don't mind I think I threw up in my mouth just thinking about it!!!!

Kristin said...

So impressed he was up for a change up, my boys would have cried and cried if they didn't get what they want, I'm kind of a push over.

Kristi said...

Okay, Spam by itself is pretty yuck, but if you fry it up like bacon....it is very yum. Try it! I am so jealous you got a chi straightener, bring it on the cruise!

JoAnna said...

A SPICKLE! I love it! Of course, I don't want it. But I can't imagine a three year old that wouldn't. Oh wait! how about Sarah! :)

Hillarys little Paynes said...

i have a proposition for you. when you come into town, you need to pick a night to go out with your sister or something and leave the kids with me. im sure you rarely get time away, and its the perfect opportunity to have someone to watch them for some time away, and we would be delighted and overjoyed to have them. my kids would think it was the greatest thing in the wold to have new friends over to play. so pleeeaaase!

L said...

I love it! Ben is so dang funny.

I am very happy for you that you have a CHI. Mine changed my life, I hope it has done the same for you. I have so much more time now!!! Very worth the money.

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

That is so funny! Sounds pretty nasty in my opinion, but whatever makes Ben happy! By the way do not even worry one bit about getting me a wedding present! I promise we don't need anything! You are too nice, stop worrying about it!

Jill Bagley said...

wow,
bens hair is really buzzed!!! anyway, i cannnot BELIEVE you had Spam in your pantry!!!! that is disgusting. where did you get the idea that that is even acceptable? i guess you went to the museum and stuff, maybe it was in your subconcious.
about the chi staightener---where did you get it? on the internet? i wish i knew that you were dead set on it. i probably could have got you a cheaper one.
your kids say the funniest things!!! cant wait to hear what spencer has to say. today i sang that song " ruby ruby ruby rub--baaahhh" and Ezra said
Ezzy ezzy ezzy! in the same tune. it was cute.

The Allred Family said...

i love you and your freakin cute son. That sandwich is disgusting. Ben....you oughta be ashamed. Anf i am totally jealous of your chi. (It sounds like a body part).

Ashley said...

I have never dared to try spam. I just cant get myself to do it.

I LOVE my Chi! LOVE IT!