So, I've been thinking of some things that I dare to reveal about myself. But none are quite as good as "post-church-hyperactivity hour." But hopefully the following will appease the TAG Gods:
1. A couple of months ago, I read the book "The Five Love Languages." And I could never decide which one I was. I have now decided that WORDS OF AFFIRMATION is my primary love language. So, now you know how much your comments mean to me! :) And if you haven't read that book, I totally recommend it.2. If any of you know me kinda well, you'll know that I love to leave long messages on voicemail. I do that because if anyone ever leaves me a message like, "Katie, its' ________, call me." I'm always worried that something bad has happened. I NEED more DETAIL for heaven's sake! I'm obviously ridiculously detail oriented. I know I always ramble, but secretly, I do it on purpose because I kinda think it's funny to imagine my friends or family laughing at my unintentionally funny message. Is that weird? :)
3. I get HIVES when I'm exposed to COLD. Yes, you read that right. And I live in Minnesota. It's retarded, I know. They are the kind of welty, huge, itchy hives. It only happens to my extremities when it's prolonged exposure, not like while walking from the store to the car. And they go away when I get warm again, (I frequently soak my feet in the bathtub to hasten the process). They can be really painful too on the bottom of my feet, (it feels like I'm walking on rocks,) or the tips of my fingers. Scars are also a place where the hives pop up. My chin and elbows are other frequently afflicted areas. It's all very weird, I know. For that matter, I have TONS of skin abnormalities. Freckles, hives, BLOTCHY skin, when I'm excited, nervous, HOT, mad, crying, whatever. Now that I think of it, maybe it's related to blood pressure or something. People always think I have some sort of disease. I'm pretty self-conscious of it, because I can feel when it's happening, but I've learned to try to ignore it. At least I never had acne as a kid - or I'd have been mad at my quadruple whammy!
4. I LOVE traveling, and consider it my passion in life - although, pathetically enough, I've only traveled (and scarcely at that,) North America. Outside of the country, I've only been to Ensenada Mexico - not even real Mexico, and Canada. A girl can dream can't she?
5. This is more for the benefit of my friends. Who still like me, (I think) in spite of myself. I am a Jewkes. Therefore, I have "READY, FIRE, AIM" complex - as we all like to call it. It's like diarrhea of the mouth - I just say stuff without thinking how it's gonna come off. Usually harsher than expected, or completely offensive or ridiculous. I usually realize it right after I say it, and wish I hadn't. Then I have to clarify, back-pedal, try to sound half-way like I know what I mean. And I never can express myself well on the spot. I often worry about things I've said for days, and how it was perceived. Basically, I stick my foot in my mouth constantly. And yes, I am embarrassed about it.
6. I was attacked by a dog, (a huge Akita) when I was 12. I was at a birthday party. The dog got nervous and leaped on top of my head. I have a huge scar on the top of my head - that amazingly, stops right when my forehead begins, the nerves somehow got kinda messed up - because when I scratch the scar, the back of my head tingles. It took weeks before I could even smile without getting a headache. I do have some minor scarring on my arms and a couple between my eyebrows - but they are tiny, and pretty unnoticeable. I think I had about 50 stitches total was all. I was INCREDIBLY blessed to have such minor injuries.7. I love cars. Not like, fancy cars or anything. I just like learning the makes and models of cars. The conversation usually goes something like this, "This dumb Camry is following me too close." "No Doug, that's a Honda Accord that's following you too close. It could be a 2000, but I don't know, 98-'02, had the same body style." Okay, I'm sure that exact conversation has NOT occurred, but something like it. And not to offend Doug's knowledge of cars, he probably wouldn't get a Camry and an Accord mixed up, (his knowledge of cars is decent) - but you know what I mean. I'm weird, I know.
8. (BONUS!) I am kinda Know-It-All-y, and I really wish I wasn't, because that's a really annoying personality trait, AND, let's face it, I really DON'T know it all. I DO know that.
My sweet grandma read my blog and told my mom that I tear myself down way too much. I don't think I do that - I'm just sayin' the truth. Sorry Grandma. But I just don't think I'll ever have the confidence and invincibility complex that I had in my youth. That would be nice though.
I know that most of you who know me well probably know a lot of this stuff about me already - but hopefully you learned something new...
So, now that I'm finally done - I will TAG:
1. Carly Van Dyke, (a new blogger)
2. Sam (maybe this will get you to post something new)
3. Jill (just because I need to know more weird stuff about you)
and if anyone else wants to do it. Do it.
You HAVE to do the Husband and Wife part, AND the 7 things - or I'll be really disappointed. SEE PREVIOUS POST.
7 comments:
#8 made me laugh out loud- Grandma reads your blog? Is that G. Jewkes? Because it totally seems like something she would say, but I can scarcely imagine Lucille blog-hopping!
Rach - It totally was Grandma J. Is that hilarious or what!? I thought so too. She said, "She's just like me. I do that too much." That IS true. She does NOT have much confidence. She SHOULD have confidence in the fact that she reads BLOGS! What a cool, technologically minded 82-yr-old! Gotta love her!
The Dentist Rico Suave blog is the product of a friend in our ward who has ENTIRELY too much time on his hands...he created it to poke fun at another good friend and added Brian and I as contributors. So, thats why its up there, but I've never posted anything.
Hey, fun to learn more about both of you...Happy Anniversary by-the-way!
What a wonderful life you lead, I so blurt things out before I think as well, my dad is always telling me, Kristin, think before you speak. So sad about the dog, how do you feel about them now?
I love your blog! It is so fun! I love how you write too...it sounds just like the way you talk! Its great! The hive thing is interesting, because Savannah is always breaking out in hives in October, November, and December, and we can never figure out why, but its consistently those months, maybe its a cold thing for her too? I'll have to pay more attention next fall/winter!
Torrey
I don't know that you mean at all bout diarhea (however you spell that) of the mouth. please explain! :)
Post a Comment