Monday, November 12, 2007

Can I change my answer?


I'm sure is what Ben would say had he known the implication of what he said to me tonight. So, we're sitting there at the dinner table, all of us scarfing. I thought, "this is important family time - we should be talking." So, for shear conversation purposes, I asked Ben what his favorite thing to do is. He said, "Putting the silverware in the drawer?" followed by the 'is-that-the-right- answer'-look. Ummm... Exsqueeze me, baking powder? Did he just say his favorite thing to do is his assigned chore that is seriously like pulling teeth to get him to do? Well, if that's how he feels about it - I'm going to try to take advange. So there. Y'know, the sad thing is that he was probably just trying to score some points - and that's just annoying that he understands how to manipulate already. I've been suspecting it for some time now. Tricky little dude.

9 comments:

Ralphie said...

My favorite line: Exsqueeze me, baking powder?

What does that MEAN? And my second question is: Can I use it?

Alicia said...

I love your comments on my blog. It's nice to know someone's reading it. Sarah's favorite chore is using the dustbuster to clean things up. Perhaps that is why she's always making messes or spilling things-in order to get a chance at the dustbuster! Sneaky little stinker!

Hannah Stayner said...

That is so funny. Your boys are so cute. I

busymomof5 said...

Wow, I guess I better assign a chore to Colin! He is getting off easy with no chores right now!!! Ben is a cutie!!!

Doug W. said...

"Exsqueeze me, baking powder?", comes from Mike Meyers in Wayne's World. From the context of its use in the movie, my assumption is that it is his cute way of saying "Excuse me, beg your pardon?" I believe both Katie and Mr. Meyers would approve the expression being used by all.

Elise said...

Oh, he is a smart one. Scoring points from the parents mere weeks away from Christmas. Nice Ben : )

carlyl said...

I agree with Elise, he is good. The boy knows what to say to charm huh? Better watch out cuz he will soon use it on girls.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh the things our kids say...

Jill Bagley said...

Exsqueeze me??? that is so funny.

Ben is a crack up. but just so you know, they only try to score points for a little while. take advantage of this pleaser phase.
i wish ruby still cared about saying things to please me. the worst is when i ask her something, and she lies to me out of fear of getting in trouble. even when she is not going to get in trouble. and its so hard for me to figure out what really happened.