Friday, February 29, 2008

One of Those Days...

I just had to get away. I've come down to the computer to unwind and do some blogging. Oh wait, my computer is messed up again, and it only took me about an hour to get my pictures loaded onto it.... Arrrrgh. Okay, now I'll do some blogging, however sour my demeanor. Sorry. But here goes: Today, I believe, in my insanity, I actually uttered the words (under my breath of course), "I don't think I want any more kids." I know that is not true, but at the time, it felt true. Today, Spencer chose to give me a taste of what, I assume, every other boy is like. And I must say, I'm not such a fan. He tore up everything in his line of vision. At the library, that included every book off the shelf! Even when I strapped him into the stroller, he kept wiggling out and finding a way to perpetuate my insanity. He's also had like, 5 poopy diapers, he's pulled everything off the shelves in their room multiple times, not to mention he's been whining and crying about everything through it all. To top it all off - when I was in the kitchen, Ben did this to Spencer:(Below) And to himself... (hiding from my anger? Nope, just sick of me taking pics.) He said he was making the duo into "Funny Clowns." This would be more funny if the marker were washable... Poor Spence screamed bloody murder for like, 10 minutes while I was scrubbing his face so hard. I've learned my lesson. Washable markers? Best invention ever!(Above) Awesome lighting, I know. I couldn't get either of them to stay still long enough to get many decent pictures. I was not in the mood to keep trying.(Above) I'm not sure if he's feigning a look of innocence, or looking sneaky and matter-of-fact. He is kind of darling even when I'm mad at him though.

(Above) Not the best picture, again - but this shows you THE BEST I could do in removing the marker. Now I've got a 1 year old who looks like he stole the eyeshadow of a two-dollar hooker. Who knows how long that will last? Hopefully not into adulthood.

I would honestly think this was really funny if it weren't at the end of this horrible day. I apologize for not being very good humored about it all. I know I'm in danger of dying young with my attitude :) - it does help to vent though. I know I sound ridiculous. All I've got to say about Spencer's behavior today is this: I think the year of The Angel is over. I'm in mourning, believe me. Ummm, I better be done here - I just looked over at Ben cutting a bunch of paper with scissors, and he just said, "Mom, it feels like I cut myself, but I didn't." I'm not buying that. I better go stop the bleeding! AHHHHH!

12 comments:

Ralphie said...

I hear ya. Reading loud and clear. Thank goodness it's Friday.

Kristi said...

Oh man. That is hilarious, or at least it will be in a couple months, right? You got some great pictures and today will go down in history for your family. We still talk about when my brothers outlined the bricks of our house (the white bricks of our house) with magic marker. I have so many of these moments and it is so hard to pull out the camera and be good humored about it at the time, but you will be so grateful you did!

Paul said...

oh Katie, hang in there. You'll look back at these posts and laugh (i hope ha ha). I must say that those pictures are pretty dang funny though. I about fell off my chair laughing when I saw the "eyeshadow" on Spencer. Well, I know all too well how frustrating it is taking a kid to the library. For some reason Zander thinks that he should scream bloody murder while we are there. I just have to think, "it's just a phase"...

Kristin said...

As hard as this day was, I'm glad you took pictures, you will laugh at it someday. Don't worry we all have these days, or weeks like around these parts, but this too shall pass.

[BrookeO] said...

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!

Ashley said...

That is so funny, Katie! I am so sorry you had a bad day, but it was very entertaining to me! You will look back at this and laugh...someday.

carlyl said...

What a day. Something must be in the air, Kace took a sharpie to my piano. Where is the chocolate?

Rachel said...

Seriously, I don't think I've ever laughed at a blog so hard in my life. These pics are hilarious! I hate days like this though...it really sounds like a rough one. But at least you brightened alot of people's days with these classic pics!

JoAnna said...

I LOVE IT! Laughing my head off. you are too good. Love all the thoughts and "rants." And the pics. Good call on pulling out the "Click." At least your boys are so dang cute. And good in primary.

Hannah Stayner said...

soooo funny. sorry to laugh at your bad day...

cassi said...

Oh my gosh Katie- I think I would die!! I can't believe it- that is so funny (or hopefully it will be soon)!

Jill Bagley said...

i swear that is my life daily.
try having a kid that poops that way every day.
i swear Ezra has some kind of problem.
but you just WAIT for the terrible twos.
its not that ezra gets into everything, its that he has temper tantrums all the time.
i have to put him in time out constantly. but at least it IS effective. some kids dont learn anything from time out, but Ezra knows that he doesnt like it. and that he WILL be put there if he is bad. Its like going through labor, "this too shall pass"