Monday, March 24, 2008

Am I a man? Yes, technically I am

This is my first contribution to our family blog. I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon here by putting Flight of the Conchords on our blog - but really, can you have too much of a good thing? This song always puts a smile on my face. Maybe it is because of the truly deep lyrics? Good thing my patients don't know that I am laughing to myself about shoe company overheads while testing them.
Katie and I fell in love with Bret and Jemaine watching their live concert on HBO (before they had their own series) while staying at a hotel back in May 2006. Before that, we were laughing at Jemaine from his Outback Steakhouse commercials ("Not good Mum, not good."). Interesting choice for an Outback spokesman, considering he is a Kiwi . . .

6 comments:

morty said...

What, you weren't a fan of Bret from his work as "Elf Escort" in Return of the King?

Doug W. said...

Who could forget his role as "Elf Escort"? Apparently he is also in the Fellowship of the Rings during the council of Elrond, although very briefly and he has no speaking part. Look up Figwit on wikipedia.

Carrie said...

Hilarious!!! I was laughing out loud. Is there a CD or anything. I'm still picturing some guy with cutlery in his knees! Thanks for the laugh.

Elise said...

love it guys. We were introduced to the brilliant duo while you were here visiting so many thanks are in order.

Paul said...

I LOVE THESE GUYS!! I think they are so funny!! Have you ever head- "It's Business Time?" If you haven't, you should look it up because it's hilarious!

Jill Bagley said...

OH MY GOSH!!! that is so freaking funny.

I love that----LEave the monkeys alone//.......
and then the part where he says
" why are we paying so much for sneakers, when youve got slave kids making those sneakers ..."whats your over head?"
that is making me pee my pants!!!
i have not seen something that funny for so long.
i love the outback steakhouse guy. jason wants him to do one of his commercials.