Okay, so I've been meaning to report a few good things that we've experienced in the last week. As several of you know, for the last year and a half, we've been dealing with trying to fix our ceiling. I will post a few pictures below.... But for those of you who don't know the story, basically, a tornado rolled by our house back in August of 2006 (3 months after moving to MN), creating winds strong enough to rip up our 200 foot tall Cottonwood trees, and throw branches all over our yard - including into our roof. Tons of water got into the hole, and seeped into our walls, carpet (2-month-old carpet mind you), ceiling, etc. Insurance paid for it, but we had a $1000 deductible - so it didn't cover it all, once that was paid. The water caused the ceiling in our Master Bedroom to warp, so we basically had to rip it out and put a new one in again. We hired a guy, he fixed it in October. But, he didn't do a very good job at mudding and taping - the seams were so bad. It looked like a big old square about a foot out from the wall, all the way around the room. He is the most difficult man to get a hold of. I'd call him, and after three weeks, he'd call me back - after I'd completely harassed him, of course. He said he'd come fix it when we had the time. In January, the week before I had Spencer, he tried it again, and it was not much of an improvement. We continued the phone tag - and he said he'd do it again, but wanted to wait until he had more time available... A year later, he said, he had an idea to fix the prob. We just wanted our money back by this point. And I was so skeptical of his skills and ability. He came up with a "racetrack" idea to just cover it up. Instead of try to re-mud and everything. We had seen it done, and we liked it, but weren't sure it would work to cover up the seams completely. But, we thought it could look nice in our Master Bedroom. So - we gave it a shot and told ourselves that if it was ugly again, we'd just ask for the money back. While we were in Phoenix, we came home to the job done. And we think it looks great. It's finally done!!! Yipee!
The culprit of our water damage
The New Ceiling. They call it "racetrack ceiling" or stair-stepping. How luxurious! :)

And Hallelujah! We finally got our new phones. Technology has come leaps and bounds in just a few years. This phone has the coolest features, and it wasn't even expensive. I can't imagine what a Blackberry might have! We are lovin' it.

The culprit of our water damage 
Just to show you how big the branch was that hit the house. 

The Aftermath of our front yard from all the fallen branches. Obviously a forest! And no, it wasn't cheap paying for removal! We were told that our house was on the news because it was one of the few that actually had so much damage from the storm.
It looks like so little water to warrant such a headache! 
It looks like so little water to warrant such a headache! 
But Finally.... It looks like this...
The New Ceiling. They call it "racetrack ceiling" or stair-stepping. How luxurious! :)
And Hallelujah! We finally got our new phones. Technology has come leaps and bounds in just a few years. This phone has the coolest features, and it wasn't even expensive. I can't imagine what a Blackberry might have! We are lovin' it.
7 comments:
What a pain! I wish people would just do everything right the first time! Well, everything looks really great- I love your red walls.
sorry your had to endure so much crap, and in response. im probably paranoid about randon people getting access to my blog, im just always afraid of weirdos and pedofiles. Or someone using my own info against me. if you google your name or anyone that is connected to your blog thru your friends list, it pulls up everyones names and you can link to anyones blog from there. probably nothing to worry about, but ashley said you can block it on your settings so im giving that a try.
. . .actually it's Jill. Anyway, I'm glad your ceiling is finally done--it looks amazing!
So cute. I love it. It looks so good, can't wait to see it in person. I love it with your red wall too.
kate,
didnt you have a nokia forever? I did too, and every other phone is like light years ahead in features.
when i got my razor i was so impressed with all the features and i know its because those little nokias are stripped down.
the only thing you are getting with a nokia is the good reception and NOTHING else. its like a mini van without power windows.
you have finally arrived in the 21st century !!!
Wow! What are the chances! I am so glad it is all taken care of! It looks AWESOME! I love your new phones too, maybe someday...
Yeah, love the new phone, and the room looks great. Glad to hear you are on the mend.
Post a Comment