Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Honestly, I know this is completely ridiculous - but I feel uncomfortable with my lack of beautiful, skillfully-taken pictures and witty dialogue. I KNOW I don't have skillz guys, sorry. It's really a case of keeping up with the Joneses - and I guess I feel insecure that I know I can't keep up. I KNOW people are annoyed with my blog, because it sucks. It is totally inadequate. So what should I do? What kind of style of blogging do you like? Just pics, or pics and short captions, long, funny stories, etc.? Any feedback would be appreciated... Sorry about being encircled with negativity. I'm obviously having some sort of self-esteem issue in my life right now :). I know I just need to take a chill pill. With that said....
I just now remembered some things that I have been wanting to post though. Here are a few pics of our playgroup field trip to Great Harvest.

Our kiddos "kneading" their own dough.
HUGE, HOT oven. Sweet tie-dye shirt Mr. Baker Man.
Spence, the fifth wheel. It was a joy to chase him around that bakery! :)
I HEART this picture of Hailey! Ha ha.Oh, and here is one of Ben's drawings the from the other day, when it was 30 degrees and snowing:
Ben - "Mom, can we go to Arizona?"
Ben - "Mom, can we go to Arizona?"Katie- "Maybe we can go again next year."
B- "No, I want to go now."
K- "Why right now?"
B- "I want to live there 'cause it's warm there."
True Dat - I'm cool with that. I'll make your dad aware of those plans.... (Thought I.) The drawing above, I am told, is Arizona - It's obviously an arial shot :). I wish I had photo shop so I could point to stuff with arrows - but alas, I am technologically challenged. Sigh. Anyway, the green blob is a "pom" tree, the blue is the pool, the black is a mountain, and water is running down to it, and the pink circle around it all is the world. That is just what I'm told. He's no Sam Scow, but it will do.
And just in case anyone is wondering, we're finally getting our Heat Wave. It was 74 here today. But terribly windy, and unenjoyable nontheless. Gotta love Roch weather.
Doug's Brother Bob's family is coming out to visit us tomorrow though, so I think I will have some pics after this weekend, (we've actually got some fun plans! Woo hoo!). Here's to a new and interesting blog post on Monday! And please forgive my ridculousness.
20 comments:
I for one thing your blog is great! Way more interesting in mine!!!!!!
Can't wait to see you today!!!!!!!! The kids are way excited too! Colin wanted to leave last night after scouts, too bad we daddy was still at work!
Tami
Okay, I was logged in as Dawn in that last comment! I forgot she has a gmail account and she checked it last night!
Tami
I also love your blog, you are one of the funniest people I love and definitely the person I can relate to the most (large chest and all). I hate feeling like I have to blog, but I also love that when something embarrassing or sad happens that the blogging world will have a good laugh at my expense. It's weird that making other people laugh makes my trauma seem almost worth it.
I really wish we could be back in Rochester with you guys sometimes. I miss you all so much! And I miss the little town. Austin is so overwhelmingly big.
Hey forget Arizona come to Texas, Ralphie and I are here (not to mention SeaWorld and the ocean).
You are so funny! I always laugh at your posts. I totally feel the "blog pressure" with you though and can relate. But, nobody is judging you because we are all too worried about our own blogs!
PS we are moving to AZ with you, is that okay?
Katie, you should have been a lawyer because your argument persuaded me not to blog anymore since I have nothing to blog about. I wonder if people get bored of my pictures and then I think, oh well, they'll get over it. My pictures are normal, nothing extraordinary, and that makes me feel a little bit loserish. What can you do? I say BLOG ON!!!
k here is the thing... I think your blog is so much more interesting than mine! It always has funny stories, funny pictures, and you are a way creative writer! I think the candid (random hillarious) pictures are the best! Its hard to do that with a newborn because hey, they always look the same!
so just a word of advice: dont change anything!
I don't think your blog is boring! It doesn't even matter what you blog about - it's just fun to see into your little world. I'm insecure about my blog, too. I wonder if everyone feels that way about their own, because it's easy to feel that it's "JUST" my life, nothing too exciting.
I feel your pain about blogging... I feel like I only blog about being pregnant- I'm way excited about it, but I fear that others are getting bored.
I feel like I need to have something interesting each week to blog about.
We are not syndicated columnists! People should just be happy to see a little piece of our lives! :0)
I relate a little bit. I do enjoy blogging and I enjoy coming up with ideas... However there are times when I have more ideas than other times.
That's interesting about feeling insecure. I've never really thought about that. I know I for sure could never live up to some people's (bloggin, photography, crafty, baker) abilities (ahem, Brooke!), and I ALWAYS wish I was a better picture taker (alas!), but I'm just glad to share my thoughts and pieces of my family's life with those who care enough to check us out. And THAT, my darling, is exactly why I check your blog out!!! Because I care enough to catch glimpses into the REAL Worthington Family and hear your thoughts. I love the Ben stories and the kids posts. My guess is that everyone does. So keep up exactly what you do EXCEPT putting the pressure on yourself. Don't worry about how often or how little you have something to "say," just post when you do! Because we love you and want to hear what you have to say... However much of it there is and however witty or unwitty, clever or not-so-clever it is. (Although I do have to say, no pressure!, that your writing skillz are out of this world! You are one bright chicka!!)
I have no comments about blogging since I don't do it, BUT I can't believe you put a pic of Hailey pickin' a winner! AAAHHHH!!!
I must agree Katie, I love your blog! It's so fun to hear your voice and see your cute family. I also appreciate that it's not super-sappy, all love and rainbows all the time. It's real and funny (seriously, I think I laugh out loud each time I read it), it's you, and that is why we all love it.
And, the insecurities about blogging are just one of the many reasons that I don't do it :) Love you!!
katie, I love your blog, I think you are very talented in your blogging. You are super funny and you shouldn't change a thing. Be yourself, thats who we love.
I have never thought about blogging that way. I mostly do it for a journal, so i can remember stuff. but now you have me thinking, maybe mine sucks.. haha.. Oh well, we are who we are!
and just remember, if things were different, they wouldn't be this way.
PS: I forgot to comment on your comment, and i wanted to tell you that i think we have a lot in common. We are HUGE Scrubs fans, and since you introduced us to The Flight of the Conchords, we love them too. You guys have good taste! haha..
I love reading your blog! Don't get discouraged! Your stories always make me laugh and you are anything but ridiculous!
OK SO LAME, I left a comment here, a few days ago, but I don't see it now? Am I smoking something or where did it go?!
For what it is worth, if you didn't blog, what would you do?, I guess you could watch more Montel --- KEEP blogging!
Love ya!
Ok Katie, Im the old one of the blogging group so you have to listen to me. I have much wisdom ! :)ha ha. Your blog is so funny that i cant read it without laughing out loud. Im not going to go on and flatter you into continuing to blog, but I will say that your blog is one of the higlights of my blog world, so if you stop blogging I will be sad.:( Your kids are so cute and I dont know if you are the one that make them hallarious or if they are just naturally that way. You and Jesi ( Pauls Wife) some how have a view point on your kids that is way beyond funny. It's the randomness (is that a word) that is a delight for me to read, so keep it coming. Dont worry about being bored. If life were not boring at times we would never know what exciting was... Right? When you write, I can actually vision what is taking place. It becomes alive to me. So Katie... In other words, your blog is one of my favorites, and when i have to wait for more news on it, then its even more exciting.. haha.. dont stop... pretty please. Aunty Freddie.
katie, you obviously stuck a nerve with your fellow bloggers, I say here here to all the comments and you are one of the first blogs i check everyday. I think its funny how we cant see our own strengths and talents. writing is on of yours. so shut up and keep blogging. luv hillary
Shut up... you are retarded!!! I love your blog. And people who really care about you aren't worried about compariasons or beautiful pics or whitty comments. They are truly interested in how your children are growing , what you are doing throughout your week, etc. At least I am. And now that you have brought up all that blogging crap I am wondering what people think about my blog.... Now you made me self-conscience!!! :) I love you and your blog. And I am sorry that I just got around to checking it too. I have no computer access as you know.....it sucks. As you'll notice, I only blog once a week b/c of it. Keep blogging about your "uninteresting" life and I'll keep blogging about mine. Is that a deal?????
Hey Kate! I totally know how you feel being in a slump and all. BUT I LOVE to read blogs about the ordinary. It makes me feel ordinary that my days are that way too! Besides, there's not much to do in Rochester when the weather is crappy. Love ya!
I totally agree with JoAnna, blog for you and the people that love you. It's sad to compete in the blog world..I sense that a little. I have a love/hate relationship with blog'n. That's why I haven't "dolled-up" my blog on purpose. I am a rebel like that and I like things simple and it is really a journal for me and my family! YOU ARE JUST PERFECT THE WAY YOU ARE!
I will make this comment #20 for you! Ilike your blog because they are real stories about yout life and hearig how you say it all makes me laught cuz then I know that I am not the only person who thinks things like that. I blog for a journal more than to please others but hearing what little kids do and say are the best. Boring would be reading about your day at work with grown-ups. Kids are always exciting. ow I guess if you had a fun job and funny co workers it would be fun but staying at home with your kids is the best and how great is it that we can blog about all the funny things they do each day! Hailey
Post a Comment