Thursday, April 24, 2008

Reality Bites

Those beautiful feet are that of my dear, 30-yr-old hubby. Notice that one of these things is not like the other. I know you're thinking, "His right foot's middle toe is way longer than the other one"? Looks probable, but nope. Check out those ankles dude. The poor guy sprained his ankle playing Ultimate Frisbee at Young Men's last night. It's been causing him a TON of pain, and he hobbles along everywhere he goes. He was so worried about working today, having to see his patients on his feet all day, and not being able to properly stand. He borrowed some crutches even. I'm not sure how his work day has been because of it. But it's actually improved a bit today - the swelling has gone down a little. He got an x-ray at the Sport's Medicine Department in the hospital, (funny, I think) and it's not a break for sure. They want him to do physical therapy too! They say it will help lower the risk of recurrence, which is good - but I'm kind of bummed too seeing as I'll have to kiss our money goodbye now. I feel bad because he's pretty miserable, but I can't help but think that this injury is partly due to the fact that he's kind of an old man these days... (ha ha) y'know playing with kids half his age and all. Maybe I'm wrong though - if he recovers fast, I'll have to eat my words. That will demonstrate to me the resilient youth of his cute body. So, we'll see. But now if you see my gimpy little Doug limping around - you'll know why. :)

8 comments:

busymomof5 said...

Ahh Poor Doug!!!! I hate sprained ankles!

Now, Katie, do you realize that by calling your hubby an old man you are making me feel really old!!! I am after all 5 years older than him!!!!


Tami

kateworthi said...

Actually, I'm just kind of teasing him. He doesn't really get enough razzing from me. And I don't really think it was too age-related, I'm just being difficult! :)

JoAnna said...

OUCH! That is so swollen! When my sister sprained her ankel really bad, the dr. told her that a sprain can be more painful then a break! No thank you!

Katie said...

Yep, your man is gettin old! (Ha!) Oh,man! That ankle is swollen bad! You are funny Katie, you always make me laugh with your quick whit!

Rebecca said...

Awww, sad. I have sprained my ankle before and I never went to phys therapy, and I haven't ever sprained it again. if one of my clients had a problem, I would tel them to do stretches with it and then really work on strengthening the muscles around it (a lot of balance, one-legged stuff (after it's healed, of course). just a little grain of salt...:)

Samantha said...

The length of Doug's toes was the first thing I noticed (said with a sarcastic tone) haha. I remember you saying one of his nostrils is bigger than the other one too. I guess what Doug lacks in the proportion department he makes up for in being a great husband and father, right?

The Allred Family said...

I bet you feel like such an athlete...hurt while out on the field. Only the best Doug....the benchers never get hurt!! :)

Doug W. said...

Nobody ever mentions that it was the game winning catch where my injury occurred. I need all the glory I can get.