Monday, March 17, 2008

Easter Party... Friend Style

On friday, our awesome little group of friends decided (well, Jo's idea - thanks!) to get the Easter festivities going just a titch (..sp?) early. The kids had a fabulous time looking for eggs (thanks to Jess and Jen), decorating cookies (thanks to Shel, Dene' and Car), and playing Don't Eat Pete (thanks to Jo and Cami.) I feel pretty bad that my part was so small, and everyone else did so much work. I swear that I tried to do more with my activities other than Don't Eat Pete; I brought prizes and treats and had ideas for more games - but it just didn't work out the way I had planned. It's okay though, hopefully nobody's judging me- I think the kids loved it, and it was low-key (as E said) - and that's the important thing.

I know I am jumping on the band-wagon of the rest of my friends by putting this picture on the blog and saying how much I love these girls. I've been meaning to do this forever. But seriously, they have made my life so much easier and enjoyable - and isn't that what friends are for? I love them so much, and I am just so thankful that they have included me in their lives, (although I have no reason to be included because I am the odd-man-out by not being a resident's wife.) I feel so lucky they invite me to things! They are all so amazing and inspiring. I am truly blessed to know such wonderful women. THANK YOU!!!Anyway, here are all of our little munchkins! They are such little angels.


Here's Spencer during the baby section of the hunt. He didn't quite get the whole concept - I was snapping pics and didn't help him until all the eggs were gone! Oops.
Since Spence didn't get any, Ava shared - how sweet!

We went to the mall right after the party and got this little gem taken! Happy Easter to all!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

*sniff sniff*, I want to know those girls, wow! So many new people since I left! I miss Rochester so much. Austin is full of Mexican restaurants and warm weather but I think I would still choose Minnesota because of the great people (and the SPAM museum of course). Miss you guys!

Ashley said...

So cute! it looks like you guys had so much fun! I am glad Spence got some eggs in the end. What nice looking friends!

I am so glad you got to spend some time in the sun! Yeah for warmth! (even if it was just a short time!)

[dene'] said...

that was a fun party. Nice blog pictures on the title. You have one long tongue girl!

The Allred Family said...

Katie....I am a horrible friend/cousin. I am really sorry I didn't call you back. This weekend I will. I can't really account for what I have been doing.....I have been so busy though. It looks like you guys have too. WHat a fun girly Easter party. Wish I was there! Love YA!