So, today has just been kinda one of those days where I just feel like a ditz. I've just been late to everything, and forgetful, and driving like an idiot. Y'know, a "dumb" day. I don't get it, I mean, I'm not even pregnant or anything. I swear. What gives?!Well, here's a little experience just to give you a taste of just how brainless today was. So, I went to lunch downtown, at a place I'd never been before. I just chose a parking ramp to park in, because I figured they would validate for any of the ramps around the restaurant - well, it ended up that I parked in the only parking ramp that this particular restaurant doesn't validate for. So, I was totally bummed I was going to have to pay for parking. Did I mention on the way out the garage, I dropped my little ticket, and had to go back for it? Then once we get to the car, still thinking about the parking, my friend and I are driving through the ramp, talking about how I actually have cash, and so I can pay for parking. We pull up to the exit, and it only takes credit cards. So I was irritated at that, because I just thought cash was easier. But first, you have to put your little ticket into the automated machine. I'm feeding it through, and I'm feeding it through - it's not accepting it. I'm thinking, 'I need better instructions to figure this thing out.' It has a screen, kinda like an ATM - it's too high for me to see, so I open up my door and get out of my car. Then I look back, and there are like, 10 cars behind me. Keep in mind, I have been stopped at the little gate for a while here - and then, I hear a guy yelling at me: "the gate is already up - Go!" I look up, see the gate really is up, jump in my car, and drive off as quickly as possible - hoping the arm doesn't crash down on my car! My friend and I were hysterically laughing for like, 5 minutes at my idiocy. Free parking, after all that. Duh! I know, I'm a spaz. It's just a spaz kind of a day.
4 comments:
That sounsd exactly like something i would do. the funniest part is that your friend didn't notice either. hahah
I love it! I had exactly one of those "dumb" days on Thursday!! I miss you!!!
Free parking? You rock!
You are so adorable. I wish I was there to laugh at that with you....you make me laugh and when I read your blog I really miss you....awww
Post a Comment